Well. Here we stand (sit, lie, whatever). The end of another nail-biting, gut-wrenching, tear-jerking, occasional mirth-filled laughter season of The Vampire Diaries. We’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly. But not really the ugly because everyone on this show is beautiful. And now it has finished for months. MONTHS.
Now, this week’s episode, As I Lay Dying, was more jam-packed than usual, what with it being the end and all that, so for the last time this season (sob, sob) hop on over to Kim’s website to read everything that happened HERE
…just for good times (because you HAVE seen this episode, haven’t you?)
Now for something different, in honour of the finale, I thought we’d try analysing characters, where they are and what’s on for next season (hopefully):
- Elena-she’s alive. Her vampire-boyfriend is alive and her vampire-boyfriend’s hot older vampire-brother is alive. So you’d think everything is great right? Not so much. She’s realised that not only has Stefan turned all Cujo on her but, wait a moment, she actually does have feelings for Damon. So what’s on for next season? Will Delena FINALLY happen (we’ve been waiting two seasons TVD writers, please just have mercy on us with this one) or will she forgive Stefan even though he might want to eat her? Thoughts?
- Stefan-decided to FINALLY do something useful and found a cure for Damon. Unfortunately that means that he’s now super-bad Klaus’ lackey and is expected to go around killing people left, right and centre. You’d think that’d be difficult for Stefan, but wait a minute, that’s right, as soon as he starts drinking the Grade A stuff he turns feral. Oops! So will he spend Season three chomping down on some poor unsuspecting person’s neck, or will he revert back to his annoying, faux-bouffant, weak smiled self? Any guesses as to which one I’m hoping for?
- Damon-HE’S STILL ALIVE!!!! That’s pretty much the important thing. But on top of that? He finally realises that Katherine is a really big manipulative bitch (duh) and that he shouldn’t have fallen for her. Alas, if he hadn’t then he’d never have met Elena. Awwww. He admits that he loves her, they share a kiss and then he learns that his brother is now the baddie. Any chances Delena will share more kisses next season? (You’d better bloody hope so!)
- Jeremy-he was alive. Then he was dead. Now he’s alive again. All good. Him and Bonnie still want to get their rocks on (I assume), Alaric is in a good mood and, oh yes…he can see dead people. Dead vampire people actually. EEEP!! That’s one way to make his character interesting.
- Bonnie-still a kick-arse witch. Still liking Jeremy. Still a bit of a pain-in-the-arse. Is there anything else I need to add?
- Caroline-gets her mum to understand that even though she’s a vampire, she’s a super cool awesome vampire and therefore she should be her friend. So she is. Awwww. She’s broken it off with Matt (because he is a douche who ended it with her despite the fact that she is a super cool awesome vampire) but romance could be blossoming between her and the wolfy.
- Klaus-super powerful, knows it and likes going out killing people. Not much has changed really.
- Tyler-still hot and still a werewolf. But back in town for good now. Now all he has to do is get with Caroline and his story arch will officially be fulfilled.
- Matt-not really sure what’s going with Matt. Likes be a human and doesn’t want to deal with any of that supernatural stuff. Clearly he’s on the wrong show.
- Alaric-still around. Starting to cheer up and will always be there for his favourite vampire, Damon. Gotta love some bromance.